Friday, October 17, 2008

School Days

For my education class this semester, we are required to have 30 hours of field experience (meaning assisting in a school). I chose to go back to my elementary school and have been able to work with my preschool teacher, who is now teaching 1st grade!

To say the least, I absolutely adore it. I've been SO blessed to be in this classroom specifically, because the teacher I'm working with really let's me get into teaching and interacting with the kids instead of just sitting in the corner taking notes.

I can wake up in the worst mood, but as soon as I step into the classroom and immediately have 8 kids hugging me around the knees, everything I was worried about is gone. The kids are SO sweet and innocent at this age. They're full of hugs and stories to tell me the whole time I'm in their class. I'm already dreading the end of the semester - I'm going to miss them so much!

-Katie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have to do the same thing for my education class! Except I'm at my high school hanging out with all my marketing teachers haha! :)