Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Life

I had so much fun with my 1st grade students today. They're all very excited about Halloween, so I spent much of the day hearing about what they are dressing up as, where they are trick-or-treating, etc. At one point, I was sitting with 4 of them while they worked on a project {3 boys and 1 girl}. One of the girls said she was going trick-or-treating with her crush, which I found very cute, and the other girls started talking about their crushes. Jack, the little boy, was being very quiet so I asked him "Do you have a crush on anyone, Jack?" He looked up and said very seriously "Well, I have a crush on someone, but I am in love with them." I smiled and said "You're in love?" He said yes, so I asked who with and he answered "You." I verified "you have a crush on me?" "yes." It was TOO cute. We had a brief talk about how I think he is very special but he may want to go for girls more close to his own age. But how precious- their innocence never ceases to make me smile.

My life isn't all that interesting lately, but honestly, it's a nice change. I've been pretty busy with school, and I'm trying to find a good college/young-adult church group to go to. I did find one I'd like to try out, but as silly as it is, I'm totally scared to go alone. As outgoing as I tend to be, there's something about going to church alone that scares me to death. I know it's stupid, but it is what it is. Said group meets tomorrow night, so I better get my bravery into high gear.

That's all for now. :)

Love,
Katie

No comments: