Monday, November 3, 2008

First Grade Politics

Today while I was at the elementary school, I had the funniest conversation with a group of 5 kids. Keep in mind, while you read it, that the kids are 6 & 7 years old. :)

Zoe: Are you going to be here tomorrow?

Me: No. Well, I'll be here, but not in your classroom.

Isabel: Why not in our classroom?

Me: Because this is where I'm voting tomorrow.

Jack: Voting for what?

Me: The president.

Zoe: (gasp) The president is going to be here?!?!

Me: No, tomorrow we're voting for a new president.

Jack: I'm voting for Barack Obama.

Isabel: I'm voting for whoever Katie is voting for.

Jack: Who are you voting for?

Me: I'm not sure yet {Which is a lie, but you can't impress those things on the kids}

Savannah: I'm voting for John McCain.

Zoe: Me too!!

Jack: I'm voting for Barack Obama.

Isabel: I'm voting for Katie!

Me: I don't think I'd make a very good president.

Zoe: (Stands up and puts her hands on my shoulders.) Yes you would, Katie. If you believe in yourself, you can do anything.

Me: Ah, wise words from Zoe R.

Jack: I want George Washington to be president again.

Me: Ahh, sorry Jack, but he died a LONG time ago.

Jack: He did?

Me: Yep, sorry

Isabel: When did Bach die?

Me: Also a very long time ago.

Zoe: Who's Bach?

Me: A very good musician.

Jack: Barack Obama?

They're the best :]

2 comments:

Ryan said...

OMG!!! That is soooo adorable! It makes me miss teaching Sunday school!

shannon said...

this just made me soooo happy! how adorable!! it makes me miss teaching little kiddos too, they really are amazing :]